Installing windows 7 from USB drive have some advantages are you don’t need to worry if the DVD drive cannot read the disc if there is any scratches on the Windows 7 installation DVD, it is more convenient to carry around your USB flash drive rather than a DVD disc, you still able to install Windows 7 Althought the PC doesn’t even have a CD/DVD drive.
Creating Windows 7 instalation USB drive
There is a software called WinToFlash that does everything above automatically. All you need to do is run the program, set the location of the Windows 7 installation disc and the destination of your USB flash drive.
- Download WinToFlash software. I recommend to use the latst version.
- Extract download file and then go to ectracted folder. run WinToFlash.exe then Click the “big check button” to start Windows setup transfer wizard.
- Click Next then Specify the locations of Windows 7 instalation DVD and USB drive then click Next (The Windows 7 instalation DVD is the drive letter of your Windows 7 DVD drive and the USB drive is the drive letter of your USB flash drive)
- Select “I Accepted the terms of the license agreement” and click Continue.
- Click OK to start formatting your USB flash drive and the files will be automatically transferred from Windows 7 instalations DVD to USB flash drive.
- Click Next when finished copying.
Now How to Install Windows 7 from USB drive
Boot up the computer from USB flash drive. You will need to go into BIOS setup and set to boot from flash devices (USB device). If you got it right, the Windows 7 installation should load from your USB flash drive and install the Windows 7 like installing windows 7 from DVD drive.