Steps To turn off these Gmail ads
Open your Gmail account.
- Click on “Settings” at top right corner.
- Select “Web Clips” tab.
- Uncheck the “Show my web clips above the Inbox” check box there. That’s it. You’ll not show any ads from now on.
This little trick turns off ads displayed at top of the mailbox. However, you will also find ads at the right side of your mail content. Thanks David for pointing this out. This another tip targets those ads. For this trick to work, all you need is a MozillaFirefox browser and a GreaseMonkey script. Follow these simple steps to remove those annoying ads.
- Start Mozilla Firefox and install GreaseMonkey add-on from here if you haven’t already.
- Now, install “Gmail Without Ads” GreaseMonkey script from here.
- Just activate that script and you are all set to go.
- Login to your Gmail account and enjoy the neat look of your mailbox.