The product displays an 0x ... error code when printing (for example Error: 0xf0af8004). These error codes indicate that the product has an internal condition.
Use the instructions below to resolve the issue by restarting the product.
- Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
- Remove the cartridges from the product.
- Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button .
- Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.
- If you have completed all the steps listed above and are still experiencing a problem, service the product. or contact HP technical support for assistance.