What is BitTorrent client.
What is BitTorrent tracker
A BitTorrent tracker is a server which assist in communication between peers which uses BitTorrent protocol.
How BitTorrent works
BitTorrent works in a system of give and take policy, you may need to provide more files to the system so that you can download more files faster. BitTorrent stores the meta data of files in a .torrent file. So when you need to download a file, first you have to download the .torrent file which help the torrent client to identify the computers which have requested files and it download it from multiple computers. The computer which have the complete file is called as seed. Multiple seeds may be participating in single download , so that no single computer will be overloaded and download speed will be much faster.
* Leeches – People who download files but do not share files on their own computer with others
* Seed – A computer with a complete copy of a BitTorrent file (At least one seed computer is necessary for a BitTorrent download to operate.)
* Swarm – A group of computers simultaneously sending (uploading) or receiving the same file
* .torrent – A pointer file that directs your computer to the file you want to download
* Tracker – A server that manages the BitTorrent file-transfer process
Is BitTorrent legal ?
Using BitTorrent is perfectly legal, but when you select a file to download make sure you are not downloading any copyrighted information or materials.BitTorrent downloads are not anonymous; information about your computer’s IP address and the files you download can be traced back to you.